Battle of the Foundations


Hey everyone 
So, I've spent sooo much money recently, I'm sure a couple of hauls will be posted soon! But I thought I'd try and save money & post with what I've got. Today I'm going to comparing my two Chanel foundations. 



The two foundations I've got are Chanel's Vitalumière Aqua £33 & Chanel's Perfection Lumière £36. They're both in a similar price range but are two very different formulas. I went for shade 20 beige in both of these. The two are very long-lasting & worth the money, I don't dislike either but there is one I do prefer.






The first Chanel foundation I bought was this Vitalumière Aqua. I have actually written a review before which you can read here (which was one of my first posts, so it may be awful!). This is a water-based foundation so it's goes lighting on the skin & sets in beautifully. This is the more natural of the two foundations, a little goes far with this one, as you can imagine. It creates this perfect surface on the skin & has a lovely, healthy glow. It's more refreshing on the skin, being so light, it does feel a bit naked. 





I was really happy with Chanel's Perfection Lumière as well, as it's more full coverage. I went looking for a longer lasting foundation, & I found it! Although if you put too much on it can look a bit cakey, so you have to be a bit more careful with this one. I have found that this can flake on dry areas, so this may not be for you if you have dry skin, luckily my dry skin has cleared up, so I'm able to wear this beauty. 





Packaging:- I definitely prefer the frosted glass bottle of the Perfection Lumière rather than the Beige coloured plastic bottle of the Vitalumière Aqua, I think it looks & feels more expensive.
Overall:- I prefer Chanel's Vitalumière Aqua! It feels so lovely on my skin, without feeling like I've got makeup on. I wouldn't be able to live without this foundation now. I've had it for ages & it's still going. The only thing I would hope for is that it'd last a bit longer during the day. But you can't have everything. 

Thankyou for reading
alix ox

Follow me on Twitter, Bloglovin' & Instagram for updates(: 


No comments