Liquid Lipstick Collection

Hey guys, 
I'm back with my second collection post, & this time it's all about my liquid lipsticks. If you missed my first post you can read it here. Liquid lipsticks are an obsession which started in the past couple of years. I didn't even know they existed until last year, & now most brands are making their own! 
I bought my first liquid lipstick this year, & now I prefer them to ordinary lipsticks, they're so much more pigmented, long lasting & comfortable to wear. I would just like to say all of these lipsticks have been purchased with my own money, I'm not in anyway bragging & I know my collection isn't as big as most beauty bloggers, but I'm proud of what I have. I'm just sharing what I love & hopefully giving inspiration to those who are wanting to purchase some but are not sure what colours/brands to go for. Please be aware that these liquid lipsticks do appear different colours on different skin tones. 



The first of my collection is MACs Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade LadyBeGood, £21. I was literally waiting months after these launched to purchase this colour. I'm all about the nudes at the moment & this colour is the most natural nude of MACs collection. This is one of the few wearable shades in MACs collection.. I find most of them too bold to wear for everyday. This nude is very warm, with a slight hint of peach. A perfect shade for spring & summer. 



Next was my first Dose of Colors liquid lipstick, in the shade Bare With Me, £14.50. You can buy it from the Dose of Colors website or BeautyBay's website. I got both of mine from BeautyBay but they hardly ever have the popular shades in stock, so you have to keep checking back to see if they've restocked. This is a really pretty peachy nude, a little bit more peachy than LadyBeGood.



This is my only Anastasia Beverley Hills liquid lipstick & it's in the shade Pure Hollywood. I bought this for around £23 on Depop, you can't actually get these liquid lipsticks anywhere other than the US so it's worth looking for them on Depop. I bought this off the girl who I've also bought Colourpop from so I knew she was a genuine seller.. her account name is lillyjam she sells brand new hard to get cosmetics, go check her out! This is my favourite liquid lipstick & it's not just for the colour, it has a lovely moussey texture & feels incredible on the lips!



Another Dose of Colors lipstick, this time it's in the shade Truffle. This is my preferred shade out of the two DoC shades that I own. It's a more darker, mauvey nude, this colour I imagine looks amazing on all skin tones.. It's such a beautiful wearable colour, that can be worn day or night. 



The first of my Colourpop collection is this stunning dusty mauve, it's the shade Dopey! I got this from Depop the same seller as mentioned above for around £10. Colourpop are so reasonably priced I cannot get over them! I cannot wait until the ship to England so I can do a HUGE haul. This is in the Ultra Satin formula, it's a little more comfortable to wear on the lips than the Ultra Mattes, but there is a colour transfer when wearing these lipsticks. 



This Colourpop one is an Ultra Matte, in the shade Beeper. Which is a warm taupe colours, absolutely beautiful to wear in the Autumn season. The staying power of these liquid lipsticks are insane & the colour choice is so good, there's something for everyone. 



This is another Colourpop lipstick from the Ultra Matte range, this is in the shade Teeny Tiny. Which they describe it as a deep greyed out plum, which is actually a perfect description of this colour. For me this is a more night out colour, because it comes out quite dark on my skin tone, but for those with darker skin tones, this would be a beautiful everyday colour for you!



This is my last Ultra Satin lipstick, which is in the shade Mess Around. I really love this colour which a gorgeous golden, smoky eye in the evenings. This is a dark greyed out beige, which again I think would suit those with darker skin tones beautifully. This is something that I'd wear more in the summer when I've got a tan, because it does look a bit dark with my fair skin. 



This is my last Colourpop liquid lipstick & it's in the shade Bad Habit. This was actually my first liquid lipstick from Colourpop, & what a beautiful start to my collection. This is a mauvey, plumy, pink.. really hard to describe but it's honestly a beautiful colour, I really recommend this to everyone. I am a lover of purpley tone lipsticks, & they suit every skin tone! 



I apologise for this swatch, it was extremely messy! But this is MACs in the shade Dance With Me, another really pretty shade, this one is a cranberry red. So so sooooo beautiful for going out, or for formal occasions. This was my first ever liquid lipstick, & it really showed me what the obsession was all about!

That about rounds up all my liquid lipsticks.. which will definitely continue to grow over the next few months. I'd love for you to comment any recommendations of brands or colours to try. I'm always willing to purchase new liquid lipsticks! 

Thanks for reading
alix ox

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram & Bloglovin' for updates (:

1 comment

  1. Such lovely shades and your swatches are so neat and lovely haha! Such pretty photos and blog :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete