Everyday beauty favourites.

So, we all have our everyday favourite beauty products.. I thought I'd share mine with you and give a review about each of the products I use. 

When I'm in a rush in the morning for sixth form, this naked skin ultra definition powder foundation by Urban Decay is perfect (avg price £26). As it's a powder foundation there's no need to apply two products. It comes in a pretty little bag, and has an application sponge in the compact case. When I first wore this product my friends noticed the difference because it's quite light on the skin and makes it look so soft. If your prefer a fuller coverage, you're able to damp the sponge first so it applies a thicker layer to the skin. There are loads of different colours to fit everyone's skin tone - mine's fair neutral. I think this product is pretty cheap as it's a foundation and powder in one and it lasts for ages!

For weekends I use Mac pro longwear foundation(avg price £25). When it comes to foundation I don't really like a full coverage, so this foundation is perfect for me. It gives a light and creamy coverage. It applies really smooth onto the face and gives a natural finish. The thing I love about mac products is they have so many different shades to choose from. I got matched up to NW15, by one of the staff in Jarrolds and they were so lovely. 

I also bought the Mac select sheer pressed powder to go with the foundation(avg price £20.50). As they really do go well together. This powder just adds thats silky finish to the foundation and makes you look flawless. With this powder a little goes a long way, as you only need to apply a small amount to get the effect. The good thing about this powder is it doesn't really change the shade of the foundation, it just makes your skin look really natural and gives it a glow. It does come with a little sponge that fits in the compact case but I prefer to apply this product using a powder brush. I got the shade NC20. 

This was a really cheap concealer palette from Topshop (avg price £12). This product is really good for blurring and hiding imperfections. I use this product under my eyes and it really does make a difference. The good thing about this palette is that you can mix the colour to really hide dark circles, spots etc... I use the lightest colours to highlight my brow bone to make my eyebrows more prominent. I do find the darkest colour is too dark for me, but the other three are perfect for my skin tone. 

I use this makeup setting spray every time I put my makeup on. It's from Urban Decay (avg price £21) and it really does help to keep your makeup on for the whole day, or for the whole night if you're going out. I like to apply two layers, one after I've applied my face makeup and another after I've applied my eyes, lips and cheek makeup. I think you're even able to buy this product in a mini travel size, to keep in your handbag for a freshen up. I have three bottles of this spray, as I am just in love with it! 

I use this magic ink liquid eyeliner by Benefit on the top of my eyelids (avg price £15.50). I have tried other liquid eyeliners, but I found they smudged on my eyelids. This one doesn't smudge at all and it's got a flexible brush for easy application. I do love this eyeliner as it does come out black and dries black, whereas I found some other products dried more of a smoky grey colour. I do find this is hard if you want to do flicked eyeliner, as you can't get really close to the brush, so I'd recommend the 'they're real! push up liner' by Benefit (avg price £18.50) as it's a gel liner in a pen, so the tip won't flex and you can get really close to the lash line. 

I use this le crayon khôl eyeliner by Lancôme in shade 01 noir (avg price £16) along my waterline. I find it makes my eyes just that little bit bigger, which I really need as I have the smallest eyes ever. I find this pencil eyeliner is really easy to apply right up to my lash line without making a really thick line, so it looks more natural. 

Perversion by Urban Decay is my absolute favourite mascara at the moment (avg price £17.50). As my eyes are really small, I need volume and length in my lashes to make my eyes look bigger and this mascara does exactly that! I really want to try the subversion primer by Urban Decay to go with it but I never get round to buying it. I never really stick to one mascara as there are so many out there that I want to try. I own a few mascara's at the minute but this one tops them all. Sometimes I do like to add Benefits roller lash mascara on top of this own to give extra length and add curls to the lashes. But I've only got a small tube of roller lash out of the Elle magazine, which I will definitely be buying once my little one has run out. 

I never used to do anything to my eyebrows, but since I've got them waxed I like to add a little shape to them. This little brow box by Urban Decay, is perfect for my needs (avg price £19.50). It comes in two different colours, I got brown sugar as I've got really dark hair. Inside there are two little brushes and a tiny pair of tweezers, two shades of powder and a wax. The fact there are two shades, makes it easier to make your brows look more natural as you can apply the lighter colour where you've got more hair and the darker where you don't. The wax is handy for keeping your eyebrow hairs in place once you've shaped and coloured them. All this comes in a tiny box which fits in the palm of your hand. 

Hervana by Benefit was the first blusher I ever bought, and I've stuck by it since (avg price £23.50). The reason I like this blusher so much is that it's not just one shade. It's a combination of four different colours, which makes your cheeks look natural but rosy. I find this blusher is so pigmented, that you'll only need to apply it once during the day and it'll stay on. Because I'm so pale, I don't like blushers that are really pink, so this is perfect for me as it has a few nude shades in there as well. 

This is my favourite colour lipstick at the moment. The colour is ohh la la by Topshop (avg price £8). I think this shade is such a summery colour, which I think is going to be lovely for festivals this year. I really like Topshop lipsticks as they aren't expensive and the colours really do come out well and last for ages. The only thing I would recommend is to not buy them of their website, because I've found the colours look so different in real life than they do on their website. Whenever I go in Topshop I find myself coming out with a load of swatches along my arm of all their different colours. I wish I could buy them all.

x


No comments