Sigma - Sigmax Kabuki Brush Kit - First Impressions

Hey everyone. 
Recently I splashed out my money on a Sigma brush kit, I was getting tired of not having any good brushes to apply my face products with.. & I must say, It's the best decision I've ever made! 
I find you can make any products wearable when you have the right brushes. The product may not be the best quality but using the perfect brushes can make up for the products lack in quality. 

Sigma's Kabuki brush kit is made up of five quality brushes. My first thought was 'These brushes are super soft, but they're so large. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to work with them'. Boy, was I wrong. OK, so the brushes may be large but Sigma have thought of the design of each brush really well. Each with a different shape & angle, you're able to reach every area of your face with ease. They're made with Sigma's sigma fibres so you're able to apply liquid, powder & cream products without the product absorbing into the bristles.
The product value of this set is around £79 but for the whole kit it only cost me £65. As Sigma Beauty is based in the US.. It's difficult knowing where to purchase the brushes, although they deliver to the UK it may be expensive. I got mine from lookfantasic.com, but I know you can also purchase them at feelunique.com & beautychamber.co.uk



The Flat Kabuki Brush
Now, this was the first brush I used.. & I knew straight away I'd judged these brushes so wrong. The application of the foundation was flawless. Amazing. The flat kabuki brush is designed to apply liquid or cream foundation to the flat areas of the face, eg. forehead & cheeks. It picked up just the right amount of the product & applied it evenly over the skin, I was impressed. 




The Tapered Kabuki 
Using this brush to apply cream or liquid foundation to the harder to reach contours of the face, such as the nose & eye area. The smooth application of this brush makes the skin look so natural & it leaves no brush marks, like most foundation brushes would in these areas. The shape of the brush is perfect for getting in those areas harder to reach with a normal foundation brush. 







The Flat Angled Kabuki 
To blend the foundation in those harder contours of the face, this is the brush to use. It blends those minor imperfections that the other brushes haven't managed to reach The curves of your nose? No problem. 






The Angled Kabuki
I use this brush to apply bronzer to the contours of my face, under the cheekbones, along the jawline & my forehead. It doesn't leave a harsh line of the bronzer either, it picks up just enough of the product to make it look natural but giving fierce cheekbones at the same time. It can also be used to buff blush onto the apples of the cheeks.





The Round Kabuki
Use to buff the bronzer if you've applied too much to one area to even out the contour (Not that it's even possible to do when using these brushes). It can also be used to apply mineral products to the skin to prep.






And if that wasn't enough already, they threw in a free mini blending brush. It's so cute & sparkly. Again, it's unbelievably soft & will be able to blend eyeshadows perfectly. So, if you haven't already guessed, I was over the moon with my first Sigma purchase. I'll definitely be buying more brushes from them, instead of wasting money on branded brushes which I find are no good. 

If you haven't already tried Sigma brushes, I would really recommend them. Amazing quality & they're reasonably cheap for brushes. 

Keep updated with future posts on bloglovin' & twitter
Thank you for reading.
xo

No comments