Products I Believe Are Overrated

Hey everyone!
Just a short post while I'm sat at home ill, off work.
I'm not usually one who makes bad reviews about products, but there are a couple of products which I believe are not worth the money or the hype. 

The four products I'm about to review are, Nars Dual-Intensity Blush in Fervor, Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation, Benefit Fake Up & Benefit's Foundation Brush. 
Firstly, I bought Benefit's Foundation Brush as a naive 16 year old thinking that because it's Benefit it must be amazing (everyone goes through a benefit only phase).. But I was so wrong, when I first used the brush I thought it was so soft and amazing, when intact it actually leaves brush marks on the skin. I find this tool isn't worth the money at all at £20.50, & now having used many other foundation brushes, this one is definitely the worst. 
Secondly, is Benefit's Fake Up concealer, I bought this product as a recommendation from the lady at Benefit for under my eyes. But I found this product didn't soak into the skin like it was supposed to & seemed to separate from the foundation. For £18.50 I expected more. 
I was really disappointed with Urban Decay's Foundation, having used many of their other products & being so pleased with them, the quality of their liquid foundation let them down. It didn't sink into my skin, it just laid on the surface and for £27 I expected more, sorry Urban Decay.




Last is Nars' Dual- Intensity blush in Fervor, when this came through the post I was so excited, but after I opened the compact & I was so disappointed as the colours were so different then they were on the internet, which I know can happen. Even my photograph doesn't show the colour correctly. They were a lot darker, especially the second colour, it had a metallic finish, which I absolutely despise in a blush. I thought I would used this at a natural contour, but there's nothing natural about it. It might suit those with darker skin tones, but as I have fair skin it looks ridiculous. I feel like I've wasted £30 on a product which I'll never wear. 




Now I'm not saying you should buy any of these products, & I feel bad writing a bad review on them, I just advise you to test them before you buy them, as you may or may not have the same problem as me. I've definitely learned not to order blusher or bronzer off the internet as they're never the true colours. 

Never miss a post by following me on bloglovin' & twitter
Thankyou for reading 
x

No comments