A Little Drugstore Haul

Hey guys,
I did so well posting every Monday & Thursday in February but since coming into March I've let myself down! Really sorry that this is my first post of the month, it's all been very hectic in my house. Anyway... back to the point of this post. So I never buy drugstore makeup, this is because I never went through that stage of being 14-15, buying my first makeup in boots, I was very naive & went straight to benefit. So I missed the whole stage of trying out loads of products. But now I work & earn my own money, I'm starting to release I can't afford to buy the best of the best all the time. So I went into boots to buy a few bits to wear for work, as I want to save my high end makeup for weekends & evenings. The main thing I wanted to get was a foundation as I was using my Chanel one for work & it's just too expensive for everyday wear. 


So that's when I went over to the L'Oreal counter, because out of all the drugstore brands I thought L'Oreal appeared to be the most trustworthy & a lot of people talk about it. It's not one of the cheapest in the drugstore so I'm expecting them to be decent products. Boots ALWAYS have offers on! So when I saw it was 3 for 2 I was like 'YASSS', & picked up these three items. First I picked up the Infallible 24H Matte Foundation £7.99, which is sooo cheap for a foundation. A lot of people talk about this foundation & say how amazing it is, so I'm trying it out. I got the shade Vanilla, which I'm hoping is the right shade as I matched myself.. & with that I bought the Infallible Mattifying Base Primer £7.99, as again I've read a million reviews on this product. I love primers, I could literally buy so many as they just make your skin feel incredible! And lastly, from L'Oreal I bought the Infallible Sculpt Contour Palette in Light/Medium £9.99, I love contouring & highlighting my face. This product is amazing for beginners, as it's cheap & only has two shades, so you can't go wrong. I'm still yet to splurge on an Anastasia Contour Palette, but it's just one of those things I really want but can't justify buying it right now. 



Next up I went to the Soap & Glory counter, as everyone secretly loves them & bought two of the highlight & sculpt sticks. I've been eyeing these up every since Emily Canham mentioned them in one of her videos. So while I was there I thought.. why not? I got the Wonderbronze & Glow All Out these are on offer at the moment for £6 each but originally are £8 which is still really good! I haven't tried these on my face yet but I've swatched them in store & they are gorgeous!! It's a close dupe for the Clinique Chubby Stick, which I've always wanted to buy but the lady who works at my local Clinique counter was really rude & unhelpful, that I refuse to buy anything from her. But if you're in to contouring & highlighting I definitely recommend you try these out!


 The main reason I went into Boots was for the Nivea Primers, I've heard so much about them & how good they are, that I just couldn't resist! I went for the Nivea Express Hydration Primer for Dry & Sensitive Skin £5.25 & the Nivea Express Hydration Primer for Normal & Combination Skin £4.99. The reason I got both is somedays my skin is dryer than others, & in the summer I get quite oily skin, but not all year round. I've only tried the one for dry skin &.. OMG, this has been a lifesaver. No more flaky foundation. I cannot put it into words how much I love this primer, I don't think I'll ever be going back! It's just amazing! I definitely recommend it you have dry skin, it's more of a moisturising primer rather than a matte silky primer. Perfect for giving you a bit of a dewy finish. I can really see why these are raved about so much. 


And that about covers it all. I'm really excited to try out new brands & probably will be returning to the drugstore to purchase more cheap goodies. If they're any drugstore recommendations please leave a comment below! As I want to try so many things, I just don't know where to start! 
Thankyou for reading.
alix ox

Follow me on Twitter, Bloglovin' & Instagram for updates 

No comments