Liquid Lipstick Comparison


Hey guys, 
After recently obsessing over liquid lipsticks, I thought I'd do a comparison over three brands. Everyone's loving liquid lipsticks at the minute due to their intense colour payoff. The three brands I'll be comparing are MAC, Colourpop & Dose of Colors. All three brands I absolutely adore so I'll be completely honest. 


L-R: MAC 'Dance With Me', Colourpop 'Bad Habit' & Dose of Colors 'Bare With Me'

Packaging: There's a clear winner when it comes to the packaging, Dose of Colors has a gorgeous frosted glass tube with their simple logo, I think this one looks the most expensive of the three. Second will have to be MAC, I love how they've included their classic black bullet lid. Last would be Colourpop, it's not that I don't like this packaging, but I prefer the smaller tubes. 

Colour Pigmentation: This will have to be a tie between Dose of Colors & Colourpop. Both beautiful colours which only need one coat on the lips. I don't know whether it's because the MAC is a dark colour, but I find this can dry quite patchy in places, although once applied it lasts all day. 

Applicator: my favourite here will have to be the MAC applicator, it's the perfect shape to get into the outer corners of the lips & get the perfect cupids bow, with the pointed edge. The other two have just the standard shaped applicator, which I find a little harder to fill the lips perfectly.


Quality & Price: All these liquid lipsticks are of high quality, but I find the one which stands out because of its texture is Dose of Colors, it's a lovely moussey consistency which is non-drying, nor tacky. The cheapest of the three is Colourpop which is $6, then Dose of Colors £14.50 & then MAC £21. 

Overall: I was most excited about the Colourpop as you're unable to get these in the UK at the minute, & being from the UK I'm so jealous of what we're missing out on. But my favourite has to be the Dose of Colors, due to the fact I love the colour & it lasts for hours! Close second is Colourpop, this would of been my favourite if I'd had bought a more wearable colour for everyday wear, but if you ever get a chance to try one of these I totally recommend them! And last is MAC, I think it's because I bought a darker colour which dries patchy, but I'd still repurchase this product in a more nudey colour. 

MAC is available here
ColourPop is available here
Dose of Colors is available here

If you're from the UK, to avoid paying more expensive shipping, you can purchase Dose of Colors from beautybay here

Thankyou for reading!
alix ox

Follow me on Twitter, Bloglovin' & Instagram for updates(:

No comments